Product Application Specialist
Did you know that you already know us? Almost every second tablet which is on the global market contains our products. This demands great entrepreneurial power so that we are always looking for people who take ownership and are not afraid of accountability. Now it is your chance to join!
We are looking for a Product Application Specialist with affinity towards excipients for Pharmaceutics (and ideally also Nutraceuticals) with a solid pharmaceutical formulation background. As a product application specialist, you will be the liaison between the marketing and sales department as well as the innovation & technical solutions department. Within the DFE Pharma organisation you will be the technical expert in mechanistic understanding of API formulation designs, and the role of excipients therein. This means that you will provide mechanistic based technical support towards in the field based Technical Managers and our formulation scientists in the various laboratories. Also you will provide technical support on current and new products, platform processes, and innovation ideas. You will be able to combine theoretical and practical knowledge into a mechanistic view / support to our customers. Do you have this combination of pharmaceutical formulation knowledge and pro-active drive to deliver customer relevant work to deliver value and to be part of DFE Pharma in your region?
What we ask
- Having a good working knowledge of pharmaceutical process steps and equipment to formulate Oral Solid Dosage Forms (OSD).
- Able to provide consultative / mechanistic (powder technology) based formulation protocols and deliver.
- Problem solving skills – translating your understanding of the problem into an approach towards a solution
- Able to build strong relations with the formulation (lab) team, the business development Manager(s), technical managers and the product group managers.
- Pro-active identification of opportunities and not afraid to take responsibility
- Striving for excellence in everything you do
- High proficiency in English (spoken and written), confident speaker
- MSc / PhD in a related scientific field e.g. Particle Technology, Pharmacy and/or Bio pharmacy
- Relevant and recent technical experience in the pharmaceutical and/or excipient industry, in formulation development of oral solid dosage
What we offer
- A very international work environment
- Working in a science based and solution driven team
- Continuous learning and development; your development is not only good for your career; we also benefit from it
- Excellent remuneration package
- Short communication and short decision lines
- Provide internal and external technical support towards technical formulation challenges based upon mechanistic principles.
- Initiate/Lead application work based on trends in the market, taking in respect QbD and scientific principles and create customer facing outputs (reports/presentations).
- Visiting customer R&D (formulators) to enable technical consultative sales and issue solving.
- Sharing technical content via publications, quality statements and presentations at technical seminars and conferences
What does success look like?
- High customer satisfaction on technical/formulation support based upon your work.
- A strong technical pipeline of NPD projects at the regions customers, where DFE excipients are being used, which lays the foundation for DFE Pharma’s future business growth
- You will be part of a team of 4-6 Product Application Specialists working from Goch (Germany), frequently visiting our R&D centre in Nijmegen (The Netherlands).
- 10-20% of international travelling will be expected as part of the job.
- You will continuously work in collaboration with your PAS team and other functions to deliver the best, scientifically correct and ethical output to our customers.