Did you know that you already know us? Almost every second tablet which is on the global market contains our products. This demands great entrepreneurial power so that we are always looking for people who take ownership and are not afraid of accountability.
Now it is your chance to join!
We are looking for laboratory based Formulation Scientist(s) with a solid pharmaceutical formulation background (API and excipients) to advise our customers on their formulation challenges. In this role you will formulate final dosage forms for customers with model APIs to support them in their development programs. As part of a team of Formulation Scientists and with our Technical Manager(s) in the market, you will translate customer formulation challenges into mechanistic based formulation protocols, execute the experiments, and report the results for sharing with the customer. You will be working in a new high end laboratory facility in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. Do you have this combination of good pharmaceutical formulation knowledge and a drive to deliver relevant solutions for DFE Pharma’s customers?
What we ask
- Strong Pharmaceutical Formulation skills, focused on oral solid dosage forms (like IR Tablets made by Direct Compression and Wet Granulation)
- Having a good working knowledge of pharmaceutical process steps and equipment to formulate oral solid dosage forms and execute relevant laboratory experiments
- Ability to provide consultative / mechanistic (powder technology) based formulation protocols
- Problem solving skills – translating your understanding of the customer problem into a Design of Experiments approach towards a solution
- Striving for excellence in everything you do
- Stakeholder management skills to build strong connections with your team, the Technical Managers, and the wider Innovation & Technical Solutions team
- High proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- MSc in a related scientific field e.g. Pharmacy and/or Bio pharmacy
- Min. 2 years of recent technical experience in the pharmaceutical and/or excipient industry, in formulation development of oral solid dosage forms
What we offer
- A very international work environment
- Working in a new high end laboratory facility in Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Continuous learning and development; your development is not only good for your career; we also benefit from it
- Excellent remuneration package
- Short communication and short decision lines
- Translate together with the Technical Managers the customer needs into a (DoE based) approach towards a solution/recommendation
- Advise Technical Managers on the best approach to take to develop excellent recommendations for a customer formulation need
- Write the required protocols with agreed timelines and outputs (what feasible, what not)
- Perform experiments by yourself and with your colleagues in the formulation team, and keep Technical Manager(s) informed of progress made and any amendments required
- Translate the experiment results into reports / presentations that can be shared with the customer, in close collaboration with the Technical Manager(s).
What does success look like?
- High customer satisfaction on technical/formulation support based upon your work.
- A strong pipeline of NPD projects at the regions customers, where DFE excipients are being used, which lays the foundation for DFE Pharma’s future business growth
- You will be part of a Formulation team consisting initially 2 scientists (and planned to grow)
- Together with 8 Technical Managers the formulation team forms our newly set up Technical Centre Excellence, led by the CoE Manager
- The Technical Centre of Excellence is part of the wider Innovation & Technical Solutions Department of DFE Pharma